Home Forums General Discussion Good Food Whistling Frog Café & Bar – Catlins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

You'll need to be visiting the Catlins for this one, we did and it was simply really good. Run in conjunction with the The Catlins McLean Falls Motels and Holiday Park, this is the perfect place to eat outdoors if sunny enough, lots of seating (and covered) and really friendly staff who know quite a bit about the area as well (well you'd hope so since they live there). The lamb soup is wicked, with all the produce (including the lamb) grown on the owner's farm and there's heaps of choice on the menu. Very much like home cooking. Very eco-friendly building as well with fantastic amenities, the owners really have done the place proud. It only opened last September and they appear to be making a mark already. Check it out – I rate it 5 smiles 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Stayed for a couple of nights on our run to the Rally last January – excellent place and the walk to the falls is well worth the effort.  😆

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Gerda and I stayed there too. It's a neat place. We didn't manage to walk all the way to the falls and missed out on the view, it was getting too dark.I've heard that camping there is a bit difficult due to the hard & rocky ground. We stayed in a very nice motel unit.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

So you guy's  had a good trip Garry? are we going to see some pics?  🙄Malcolm

Murray
    Participant

We had a great trip Malcolm  😀 Half a day's rain over the whole two weeks and lots of excellent gravel between stops. Was planned so that we'd have loads of time to look around places and is exactly what happened. Everyone happy!!Have loads of photos that I will get around to posting evenutally. Been a hectic couple of weeks at work, Capital Coast coming up Anzac weekend (been helping John F with the route) and also got a newsletter to get printed  😐CheersGarry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.