Home Forums Ride Reports Whakarau + Old Coach Road

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Just took the GS up Whakarau Road from Te Karaka to Motu and then through the Old Coach Road to Opotiki. Fooo!  That's Tiger (not Triumph) country!

Dave Morris
    Participant

favourite roads but ya went the wrong way

Anonymous
    Inactive

favourite roads but ya went the wrong way

What difference? I had ridden up from Napier via Tinitoto so I was well into my day when I hit Te Karaka.

Dave Morris
    Participant

more funfrom the opotiki end

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why more fun? I am planning to go back and can choose this time.

Dave Morris
    Participant

uphill

Dave Morris
    Participant

uphill

i shall expand my answer now. go to post 1428 of Box of Bits aka Steve Clarkego to the picture outside the Opotiki Bakery. The food is superb and the selection is wide."Straight across to the Motu. This is a gorgeous piece of road / track. It’s the first time I’d gone South on it. Every other time had been North. Climbing initially changes the dynamic markedly. Someone in the leading 2 riders frightened the shit out of an older gentleman running a Suzuki jeep. He was pale with big eyes when he stopped to talk to me…"

Anonymous

I'm assuming this refers to another Forum? Or am I just lacking in skill searching?....Silly boy, Bwucie, you've left that Bell joker another opportunity to make you look even sillier than you are. :-[

Dave Morris
    Participant

I'm assuming this refers to another Forum? Or am I just lacking in skill searching?....Silly boy, Bwucie, you've left that Bell joker another opportunity to make you look even sillier than you are. :-[

can't believe you guys are not physichttp://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612774&page=96

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.