Home Forums General Discussion The stable is slightly more fullerer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

After much deliberation, I pulled the trigger on a pearl white 1983 R100RS with a mere 202 000km on the clock….Some of you may recognise this as Andy King's much-treasured bike - if he's still around, would someone let him know his bike has a new owner.The dossier of information that came with the bike is incredible, right down to Andy's notebook where he recorded everything replaced, tweaked or refined over his 19 year ownership.  The PO, Declan, was a little reluctant to let this magnificent bike go...Who in Wellington has the other white BMW that commutes from the Hutt into Wellington? See you on the roads,Scott

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Nice looking machine I would like one of those, but cannot fit any more bikes into the garage.Why do airheads fetch huge amounts of money compared with some 1000/1100 bricks  that You can pick up in mint condition for very little money. Will the 1100 bricks be worth any thing in the future?

Anonymous

Nice looking machine I would like one of those, but cannot fit any more bikes into the garage.Why do airheads fetch huge amounts of money compared with some 1000/1100 bricks  that You can pick up in mint condition for very little money. Will the 1100 bricks be worth any thing in the future?

You wouldn't think so, when they are prone to driveline failures like the modern bikes: parts are worth more than the bikes. ABS failures ditto: cheaper to pull it all out and get a Low Volume Cert for the bike than to fix. Shame they started to make things frail after the airheads - I liked my K-hundy-LT.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.