Home Forums Ride Reports Russell on Easter – 5 Apr 2015

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We made it!  ;D1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Triumph and 2 BMW rode to Russell for lunch and back.Thanks for Tony who turned up for a ride to lead us after his long trip on his bike.  🙂Auckland was showery but we had absolutely beautiful blue sky all the way after Wellsford.Stopped in Paparoa for morning tea.IMG_20150405_100810.jpgArrived in Russell for lunch.IMG_20150405_134359.jpgBeautiful day in Russell.IMG_20150405_134628.jpgWe rode to Russell but caught the ferry when we left Russell.IMG_20150405_150052.jpgRussell was so busy with people who were enjoying the summery weather.Road was awesome and we should do it again during daylight saving time  😉

Anonymous

I figured you'd gone Paparoa, in which case I was way ahead of you. Although, on the Russell Road I was the guy on the Slowzuki, compared to the toe-draggers that were out there."1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Triumph and 2 BMW?" No Duckati (quack!)? Have you changed horses, Neko?Saw Tony at the early stages of his "Long Trip" when I was going down to the Smoke. Kaiwaka or thereabouts.

Xan
    Participant

"1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Triumph and 2 BMW?" No Duckati (quack!)? Have you changed horses, Neko?

Yup! I went to dark side (according to Ducati riders  ;D).After riding the Streetfighter for 2 years and done 24,000km, I was getting bored and looking for something different.I tried a Ducati 899 and a BMW S1000R and decided to play with the S1000R.The white S1000R in the photo at Paparoa is my new(ish) toy  🙂I've owned it for over a month and already been to Hampton Downs twice and done 2,500km.It is very different from Ducati(s) and everything is so smooth  8)

Anonymous

You go, girl! Bet I couldn't pass you with the Burgman now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.