Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Recall K1200

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BMW K1200S/K1200R Motorcycles

Date: 21/06/2005

Supplier Name: BMW Group Australia

Recall Coverage: Australia

Product Make: BMW

Product Model: K1200S and K1200R

Target Number:

Campaign Number: 00 00 34 58 00

Product Info: Front ABS sensor cable.

Defect Details: There is a possibility of the ABS sensor cable sagging into a loop in the vicinity of the front left brake caliper when disassembly work is carried out (tyre change, for example). If this happens the sensor cable can chafe against the brake disc, with the result that the ABS function (not the active braking function) can fail.

Xan
    Participant

Hi Kiwi Adventure,

This reminded me that you posted about a recall of R1200 series in April.
    Campaign Number: 00 00 13 10 00

When I asked about this recall to Experience in Auckland in April, they said that they haven't received any advice or notice from BMWNZ.

Have you heard anything about this recall from BMWNZ or a dealer since then, as you own R1200GS?

According to the Japanese Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport web site,
    http://www.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/recall/recall05/04/images/bmw04-071.gif
    a cover is supposed to get fitted. (Sorry, you won't understand descriptions but you can see pictures although they are not good quality. 🙁 If you bring your mouse pointer to the pictures, you can slightly enlarge them.)

Perhaps, one of the usual BMW recalls that are not serious and nothing to worry about. But I feel like that we (New Zealand) are left along from the world... 😥

Anonymous

Hi Neko

I asked John Glasswell a couple of months ago about the recall and he advised they were waiting for parts. He showed me on a 1200gs what the problem was.

Xan
    Participant

Thank you 🙂
    I wait for a couple of weeks before nagging John G again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.