Home Forums Ride Reports Northland: Round the Block, Omapere

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I chugged off through the drizzle from home until a few K's south of Twin Bridges this morning. The season is definitely changing, eleven degrees all the way from Kaikohe to Maungatapere. Ian turned up on his GS, all happy that he had had a pristine morning ride from Ruakaka. Lyn turned up from Paihia and echoed my experience, so I hadn't been hallucinating.Just before we set off we acquired a Klingon, Tim, on an F650GS, who had "misplaced" the cobbers he was going to ride with.We headed off to a comfort stop at Dargaville, and then on towards Waipoua. Otto Phocus held up proceedings just before Trounson Park turnoff, figuring a dry road and bright sun would make a better image than a wet road in the Forest. (The pictures are tiny wee reduced things, if the perpetrators want full-sized files they will have to contact me.)

Ian, on the triple-black GSIMG_2739tiny_zps028dc128.jpgLyn on her G650GSIMG_2743tiny_zpsf987fdf3.jpgTim, F650GSIMG_2749tiny_zpsf87714ec.jpg

We found the Librarian's Baby Burgman waiting outside Schooner Cafe at Omapere. Good, quick service, good vittles, spectangular scenery (https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsthi7mahdgpzw3/schoonercafedeck.jpg) doesn't come much betterer. Tim who had found his missing team at Tane Mahuta came back from Copthorne to rejoin us. Not sure if we were better company, had a shorter lunch queue, or all of the above.

Ian, as the only one on a full-bore GS, had the Cholesterol platter. All that go-forward apparently needs a bit of weight to successfully transfer to the ground.IMG_2751tiny_zps1683a901.jpg

As more than half the company started the day in the mid-North, I flagged trucking all the way down to Kamo for an after-match function. We set off in line astern from Schooner, but Jean had the Burgman in Librarian mode, not Bwucie mode, so at the Rawene Junction I waved the three Bee-ems through: Lyn heading straight through Kaikohe back to Paihia, Ian and Tim following my earlier wheel tracks down Mangakahia Road back to Kamo and Ruakaka. The two Jappas headed for the Retirement Home in Kaikohe, and we both reported in to Matron on arrival.Cheers,Bwucie

Dave Morris
    Participant

Just hope none of you stole the charity box on the counter

Anonymous

Just hope none of you stole the charity box on the counter

I can understand your concern, Steve. Reading the local paper up here you would think pinching charity boxes is a growth industry, and the 'Advocate' have had me on the front cover once for a heinous offence. I watered the Tui.But after I'd lowered his body temperature with the hose he recovered and flew away, so I wasn't convicted: the case collapsed when the complainant flew the coop.Still, the Librarian did get there before us. D'you reckon I should grab my spare key for the scoot and look under the seat?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.