Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Internal Sun Visor Mechanism Failure System 6

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My internal Sun Visor has failed on a 3 year old System 6.I'm a bit cheesed off.Any similar experiences? Can I fix it?The mechanism on one side still raises and lowers.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Ya pay for what ya get.  Bmw helmets.  Bla

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Take it back for a goodwill claim, should last longer than 3 years for a $1200 lid . None of mine have failed yet . Some have failed in the UK according to UKGSER.  Was on tour and whe had a guy with a Schberth C3 fail. He pulled it apart and fixed it some how. Maybe it's the cold winter down south.Ya might have to use the new lid  instead of keeping it in the bag. Janine got Her new System 6 evo, She is very happy with it.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Take it back for a goodwill claim, should last longer than 3 years for a $1200 lid . None of mine have failed yet . Some have failed in the UK according to UKGSER.  Was on tour and whe had a guy with a Schberth C3 fail. He pulled it apart and fixed it some how. Maybe it's the cold winter down south.Ya might have to use the new lid  instead of keeping it in the bag. Janine got Her new System 6 evo, She is very happy with it.

Is there such a thing as a goodwill claim?

Anonymous
    Inactive

BMW does consider it on a case by case basis.Otherwise, fall back on the CGA. The good old "fit for purpose". The more you pay, the more you can expect it should perform  ;D

Mark Mackay
    Participant

BMW does consider it on a case by case basis.Otherwise, fall back on the CGA. The good old "fit for purpose". The more you pay, the more you can expect it should perform  ;D

Yes but this act only applys when sold for private use .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gidday.  Did you get an satisfactory answers.  My system 6 visor mechanism also failed.  What exactly does yours do when you move the slide?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.