Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Interislander and telelever front ends

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Howdo, boys and girls,
    I have been, as the theatricals say, between engagements. Scored another job today, and do not start for a few days, so I'm off to Ch-ch so my old and wrinkly Pater can rub his hands over the R1100S, which he hasn't met before. (This is the old and wrinkly that rode his GN250 into the testing station to renew his licence and walked out, legally blind. How sad would that makeya?)
    Is there any secret I need to know of when tweaking my bike down to the deck of Tranzlink's waka for Cook Strait, or do I just do all same like conventional forks?

David
    Participant

First of all Bwucie, tell your pater to ignore the testers and ride the bike. He got to the Testing Station without crashing….. What are they going to do, lock him up? Free board and keep for a week? Saves on the pension yeah?
    Second of all, when I brought the 'Funduro' North in January there were mainly Beemers on board, including an R1200GS and K1200LT. All were tied down in the conventional manner. i.e. using the side stand with a strop front and rear pulling the bike down onto the sidestand. The LT was a rental with no tiedowns and the riders borrowed bits of 'string' from the stevedors! Lucky it was a millpond out there! Enjoy your trip you lucky, lucky, man 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.