Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Dynamic Brakelights: Still Euro Only —– so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What's the bet some goober in Land Transport will make them illegal in this market when they are available here?http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/bmw-develops-dynamic-brake-light-system-technology-up-to-speed

Jim Young
    Participant

Looks good to me  🙂It still amazes me how lots of push bikers ride around with strobe lights flashing front and back and yet if you tried it on a motorbike you'd be pulled over straight away  !!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If they're fitted ex-factory they'll actually have to change legislation to allow it.Same thing happened with Volvos when they ran the lights up the rear pillars, as previously the legislation didn't allow it.There are also some provisos in VIRM that say if there is something contrary, but fitted as OEM, it's allowed. The ST1300P has LEDs just above the indicators in the mirrors from factory, but the ST1300 doesn't.

Anonymous

Looks good to me  🙂It still amazes me how lots of push bikers ride around with strobe lights flashing front and back and yet if you tried it on a motorbike you'd be pulled over straight away  !!!!

Used to be popular with sea kayakers also, but the Akl Harbourmaster and Police outlawed them: now you have to use an all-round steady white light, which is nowhere near as visible. Yet the bleddy ferries still use strobes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.