Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Participant

this stuff takes time – shrinking photos then copying to photobucket and the copying into a message.

The following are an old woolshed near the bungy jump south of Taihape and the house is on the left as you enter Mangaweka from the North[img]jsw_weekend_060506_021.jpg

[img]jsw_weekend_060506_022.jpg

Dave Ross
    Keymaster
    Aslan wrote:
    I did an dual sport ride this past weekend from Wellington to Ohakune via the Whanganui River Road (yes I know its a favourite of mine) – tooling around Ohakune and returning via Turakina Valley Rd – this little old house is South of Taihape – others I was riding with were bemused at my stopping to photograph old buildings
    jsw_weekend_060506_019.jpg

I saw that one on the way back from the CCA. Didn't stop, though. I am glad you picked it up.
    Richard Kuysten
    Participant

I saw this old place a month or two ago but didn’t have my camera so had to make another trip. Anyone recognise it? OK take a quiet ride up Upper Queen Street not too far short of Newton Road and you’ll find it on the left tucked in between and behind a couple of other old places 😀

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Here’s another for the collection, a house that many of the riders in the group have passed a number of times, and possibly never noticed. It’s almost right opposite Kopuarahi School, easily visible from the highway. I went past another one near here, but didn’t get a photo, as there was someone outside it. It would be best to photograph during winter, as there are a number of deciduous trees between the road and the house.

kopuarahi.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Yep I have seen that one before Alex, but the problem is that when riding in a group it is difficult to stop to take pics especially when leading.
    there are a couple we go past on the register ride next week that Arne pointed out some weeks ago so have your camera ready.
    There will also be a gravel option for those so inclined and according to our honourable secretary, who went down it on his ST (By mistake !!) and with a pillion too it's not too bad !!
    I have been trying to take a pic of a house on the Ohinewai / Te Huna road for some time but it still looks inhabited and always has people and wrecked cars outside so haven't been game to stop yet.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

There are still plenty to be found. I’ve seen about six or seven that haven’t made the list yet. It’s sometimes hard to have the discipline to stop, but if it was easy anybody could do it 🙂 I am not sure if Hangawera Rd qualifies, it seems to ne hooked up to power and lloks lived in.

Hangawera Rd

Hangawera_Rd.jpg

Roache Rd

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Berwyn/Roache_Rd.jpg[/IMG]

Taniwha Rd

Taniwha_Rd.jpg

Paparimu Rd

Paparimu_Rd.jpg

Out of these I like Taniwha Rd the best. It seems to have been an old school house and time has been kind to it.

2bjr
    Participant

This one  just before Hastings on state highway 2. 😉

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Another one to add to the portfolio, someone should put them into a book :roll:  This buildingisHauraki Road. just out from Thames [img][/img] Phil

honeybear.2399
    Participant

[img][/img]  This one is on Highway 25 at Kopu Just out from Thames  Phil

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice ones Phil, and Adventure Tharon, it looks like the thread has taken on a new life !!!I must remember to start carrying the camera again.  🙂

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Yep, some really nice onces are coming through now. I much prefer the older cottages to the more modern abandoned Bungalows. There are quite a number that I know of but haven't been able to photograph yet.I agree, they would make a good coffee table book. Our images lack the proper resolution.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

The one below near Kaukapakapa is about to fall over, the recent winds haven't been kind to it. I'll give it another year. Thge photo shows ho it used to look, now it's listing.[img]http://forum.bmwor.org.nz/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=47.0;id=67;image[/img]

Anonymous

I've waited a lot of years for that old shed to kark it: looks like a building with a tale to tell,But then, if it has a speech impediment, it might be hard to understand.Oh, I'm sorry, did you say listing?

Jim Young
    Participant

Hey Bwucie you are certainly improving with age !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😀

Jim Young
    Participant

I have a few pics to post but it is different from the last time I did it so am just posting one to see if it is ok.If not I shall require some assistance from the experts  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.